Kempton Park Bible Education Centre
Our Bible classes continued with an average attendance of 5 students. The Bible Study day on Saturday 17 October was attended by 14 students and quite a few interesting topics were covered once students submitted some questions regarding the promises to Abraham, temptation and the Kingdom of God.
We are relocating the BEC to a different shopping centre as from 1 December 2009, God willing. The current BEC will be vacated on October 30th and it will then leave us with a month to plan the new BEC well. We are going to venture into a new style BEC that will take the format of a kiosk in the middle of a shopping centre. It is a new concept that we have not tried before but we are exited about trying something new and if it is fruitful it could be replicated more easily and economically than a BEC that is located in a shop. Preaching in the form of lunch time Bible Classes and Saturday classes/seminars will still continue in a very well suited venue (community centre lecture room) right next to the new shopping centre.
COP Trust direct
- Website – The new, more professional looking, website for the COP Trust is now live and looks very good. It changes every now and then in terms of information regarding projects etc.
- This website address is – www.coptrust.org.za
Modimo Oteng Crèche
- We continued to support the crèche in terms of food and helping with the lessons for the children once a week.
- The crèche is now well established and has a good reputation in the area it serves. Our support there will thus be less in the future but we are going to focus more on the new COP project that will establish our own community centre and pre-school in another area in Tembisa.
- God is indeed great and continues to bless us in our desire to help others. A friend of a friend donated a fairly large Jungle Gym to us “out of the blue.” It was quite an effort and great fun to remove the Jungle Gym from his back yard that posed quite a lot of restrictions and challenges. We will re-paint the Jungle gym and donate it to a crèche that needs it.