WF Report – May 2010
What a jam-packed couple of months it has been here…
I’d like to give you a few highlights:
- We built a jungle gym at a crèche in Mariannhill. Why? Just as a demonstration of God’s love…it’s for everyone! As a result there was a baptism at Mariannhill – Linda – a man living at the crèche saw what we were doing and has come to every service since!
- We participated in a festival put on by the local Baptist church. It was an Arts festival put on in a car park and it was a big event from their side. We sang some Zulu songs and got some of our recently baptized involved. For us, although it was a good day, it was God showing us that it’s in the little things – the one on one personal time we spend talking to people that shows the example of Jesus (rather than grand ventures!)
- I’ve been teaching Clermont Sunday School with a sister from Westville called Antonia. She has really been amazing in setting up the Sunday School on her own and managing to get around 45 kids there every week! We now teach alternate weeks and it is going from strength to strength.
- I did my first Sister’s class. I know this is not necessarily a preaching project but it really meant a lot to me in that by being here, around people with the same focus and hope, I feel God’s presence and His guidance everyday!
- Our brother Marcus from Mariannhill fell asleep several weeks ago but his example has been lifechanging. We now visit the hospital regularly, speaking to patients about God’s word, giving them Bible verses about the hope of the Kingdom and how God has a plan for each one of us (Jeremiah 29:11) and singing with them. Marcus kept his eyes fixed on Jesus and this had an effect on not only us but his fellow patients aswell.
- I finished one J4J (Jamming for Jesus) course at a school in Mariannridge. It was brilliant and the school invited us to go back and teach about anything Bible related…anytime! We are now considering possibilities for follow up. One of my major God moments from this came from a girl called Samantha. The first two weeks she tried to cause trouble in the lessons so the third week we prayed about it before we went into the school. That lesson she asked me for a Bible verse to learn for the following week! God is amazing.
- We are now doing another J4J course at a school in Lamontville – a 2 minute walk from the centre. That is going fantastically. There was a fab response from the school so we currently have 40 kids on the course and hope to have taught a whole grade over the coming months (that’s 120 kids!).
I can’t express in words how amazing it is to be a part of the 2010 project and the impact it has had on my life to have had the opportunity to experience God and work for Him everyday. Thankyou.
Even so come Lord Jesus.