Investment in People and Projects (IPP) – Monthly Update
A summary of WCF funding activity with respect to supporting White Fields workers and underwriting worthy projects around the world.
- Enabled Lucas and Leona Scheepers (RSA) to work another year in the Johannesburg area in South Africa, beginning Nov 2014. While overseeing the full program of activities in Gauteng, they are directly involved with the Congolese ecclesia in Pretoria, the Adieu Community Center, all nine major projects (e.g., CUDDLE, Distribution Channel, Champion a Child) and all operations (incl. Finance, COPTrust, Promotionals/website, Center Maintenance and Volunteers).
- Provided money for a Brother in Jamaica to finish his courses in Shipping Logistics and Supply Chain Management and thus improve job prospects going forward.
- Funded Luke and Vickie Smith and their family (Australia) to do mission work in Thailand for 12 months, beginning Feb 2015. God willing, their base of operations will be the BEC in Chiang Mai and potential trips to Myanmar to preach at the theological colleges.
- Underwrote expenses for a project sponsored by the Picton, ON, Canada ecclesia. This pilot seminar is an outreach effort to the community; the topic is “The Effects of Domestic Violence on Children”
- Funded a request to support the Mindanao BEC in the Philippines for 6 months, beginning Jan 2015. Costs are for fieldworkers, BEC shop & materials, local salaries, weekly seminars, and staff/volunteer travel.
- Funded annual request for operating expenses of the Margate Community Centre in KZN, South Africa, for 12 months, beginning Nov 2014.