Investment in People and Projects (IPP) – Monthly Update
A summary of WCF funding activity with respect to supporting White Fields workers and underwriting worthy projects around the world.
- Funded Michael & Lilandi Furstenburg to continue their work for another year at the Tswelopele Community Centre and with the KemptonPark ecclesia in Gauteng, SA. For a sample of their reports, click here.
- Funded Hendri & Liezl Viljoen to continue their training and teaching work for another year in Tembisa and the Aphiwe Good News Centre in the Johannesburg area, SA. For a glimpse of their work, click here.
- Funded Jessica Miller (from the USA) to start Feb 2014 through Dec 2014, to work in the Durban area, South Africa. As a behavior analysis therapist for kids with autism, one area of her work will be to teach children build their cognitive skills. Given her past experience at the BEC, she also intends to implement ways for getting young women involved. Click here to read what she reported in Oct 2013.
- Enabling John & Janet Harris (from Australia) to do mission work at the BEC in Cambodia for 6 months, starting Jan 19, 2014.
- Irananian refugee Support – most of these Brothers and Sisters are in Turkey, and many of them in two ecclesias in the city of Kayseri. From Oct 2013 and going into Jan 2014, twenty-six individuals and families have been supported with money for food, accommodation, travel, medicine and legal fees. Recently, two separate Brothers from Kayseri have been able to relocate to the USA, and one of them has been able to further move and join an ecclesia in Bloomington, IL.
- Haiti – provided a grant to complete the meeting-facility’s roof canopy and committed payment for rental costs 2014 through 2016.