Investment in People and Projects (IPP) – Monthly Update
A summary of WCF funding activity with respect to supporting White Fields workers and underwriting worthy projects around the world.
- Agreed to make up the 2013 shortfall in living expenses, experienced by Grant and Rene Larsen in Durban, South Africa
- Agreed to provide literal “seed money” for a farmer Brother in Jamaica.
- Agreed to co-fund Jennifer Millay for another year as a fieldworker in Urbana, IL USA
- Agreed to support Danny Styles from Shelburne, ON Canada as a fieldworker for a 6 month stay in South Africa, starting Sep-Nov 2013
- Agreed to fund Katie Dawes from Scarborough, ON Canada as a fieldworker for a 3 month commitment at the AIG highschool in Kenya, from Aug – Nov, 2013
- Granted the request for funding the operations of the Cambodian Phnom Penh BEC and Ecclesia
for the period of July 2013 to June 2014; major items include:
- Expanding preaching work to regional areas with the express purpose of engaging older Cambodians and extended family members of the ecclesia.
- Renewing efforts to attract new long term fieldworkers to Cambodia through P2P and Asian outreach.
- Build stronger personal relationships between members of the ecclesia, particularly those who have not been part of the Bethezer dormitory community.
- Encourage stronger personal study habits in the ecclesia.
- Engage Sisters more in spiritual development.
- Encourage the ecclesia to engage with the community more and take more responsibility for preaching efforts.
- Underwriting the cost of the year-end SE Asia Bible School (expect 130 attendees, who also attend the Annual Study Seminar); brethren will be coming from Myanmar [Burma], Thailand, Cambodia and the Philippines; brethren from Vietnam will also be coming, but that cost is separate.
- Contributed to the fund-raiser for the first-ever Christadelphian Bible Conference in Haiti, planned for September 2013. The conference is primarily geared toward the ecclesia in Haiti but invitations will go out to many interested friends and those who have attended the earlier outreach efforts. Attendance is expected to run as high as 250 people.
- Again agreed to assist in covering costs for the Brampton, ON Canada ecclesia seminar outreach effort.