New Video! Released June 27, 2015
Video producer Steve Johnson introduces these personal accounts of adversity ranging from the loss of a child to a life altering illness. The program is presented as a collection of thoughts for the viewer to consider and reflect upon.
- Lucas and Leoni Scheepers, South Africa, talk about losing a child- (20 min)
- Kye Weedon, Australia, talks about a crippling accident (25:29 min)
- Christine Runge, USA, talks about growing up with cystic fibrosis ( 20:33 min)
- Carol Foster, Canada, talks about her husband’s early accidental death (4:01 min)
- Margaret Howarth, England, talks about the loss of her husband and son (10:28 min)
- Mary Styles, Canada, talks about being widowed with five young children (2:53 min)
Help With Helping
- How to Help Better (13:15 min)
- How to Listen Better (8:42 min)
Six real-life stories from around the globe of people who, believing in God, have faced dire personal calamity. They share their experiences and express their thoughts so that the viewer may be better equipped to deal with the challenges of adversity and support those in need.
Two additional segments offer guidance (by licensed counselors) as to what both helps and hinders the grieving process. This program is both practical and supportive for anyone who may be facing loss or adversity. The video is designed to share with church members, family, friends and colleagues.
After watching each story, stop and reflect upon the account. The material is designed to encourage contemplation. In each personal story, adversity was overcome, but there were no simple solutions or pat answers. There was, however, a growth in understanding, acceptance and moving forward. Use these stories as a lead-in topic for Bible class, adult Sunday School class, or youth circle in the context of the professional-counselor comments.