One of my responsibilities with regards to preaching projects is the “Continued Bible Education Program Packs” or “CBE Packs” for short. These packs (basically an envelope size) are sent out on a monthly basis and contain the following:
- CD with a portion of the Audio Bible as space allows – having the bible on CD enables people with busy schedules to listen to the Word while driving. Hearing the correct English pronunciation of words also indirectly aids brethren & sisters who are not English to learn the language through listening to the audio bible.
- Also on the CD is a recording of an exhortation which is useful for personal enrichment and can be used where there is no-one to provide the exhortation at a meeting.
- Also on the CD are 3 Adult Hymns and 3 Sunday School Song recordings which enables brethren & sisters to learn new hymns – the recordings can also be used as accompaniment when there is no-one to play an instrument to give the tune.
- Lastly the CD contains an audio recording of a children’s bible story which can be used for personal benefit or as a Sunday School lesson/resource.
- The packs also contain a leaflet with the words to the songs on the CD.
- Each month we add a new bible “Insert” which is an information page containing a variety of reference material, e.g. maps of Bible Lands, Timelines, etc.
- Each pack also has 2 biblical activity sheets for children (coloring picture for little ones, crossword/word search/anagrams/etc for older ones).
- A “fun” page (e.g. Biblical Jokes)
These packs are currently sent to all the brethren & sisters who are living in isolation, others that have specifically requested that they receive them, as well as the members of the Kempton Park, Tembisa and Congolese ecclesia’s. God Willing we plan on broadening the recipient list to all brethren & sisters in South Africa as we manage to figure out the logistics of doing so in a cost-effective manner.
With this project we hope to spiritually uplift and enrich our more “experienced” (aka grew up as Christadelphians; attended Sunday School; been baptized many years) brethren and sisters, as well as encourage and provide biblically educational resources to those who are new to the Truth, and do not have the means to access such resources due to financial struggles or logistic issues.
The following verse serves as my inspiration:
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. (2Ti 3:16)